Monday, January 21, 2013

Much to Ponder

I love those little epiphanies you get when you encountered a problem months ago, stored it away in your brain, and then suddenly you find an answer! Ain't it grand? This particular little problem occurred a couple of years ago when I was writing a scene between the protagonist's father and the Governor, who happens to be the father's best friend. They are on friendly terms, but there is some severe tension when the governor mentions his wife. He makes an off-handed comment, completely friendly, but the father reacts adversely to it and ends their conversation abruptly. At the time I was thinking, "Huh. I wonder what happened to make the father so defensive." I figured I would figure it out eventually, when I needed to. And as I was washing dishes today, a possible answer came to me. But the more I consider it, the more I love it. So as I said, you gotta love those little epiphanies. It makes me wonder, does this mean I need to go back and start tweaking that story, and possibly move on to the sequel? I wouldn't say no to it; my mom certainly wouldn't, either. Hmmm.... Much to ponder. :-)

-Grace

PS: On Wednesday I'll be doing that Blog Hop thing I mentioned a while back. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment