Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wake Up Call

So today has not been the most thrilling day of my life, but I feel it was exactly what I needed. Today I realized, after a rude awakening, that if I don't write for the passion of it, I shouldn't be writing at all. And why else should I write? It definitely ain't for the pay. My aunt visited us a few months ago, and she and my mom were talking about college education. My aunt, who teaches French and Spanish and is one of the funniest women I know, told my mom that she had to work all through to earn her education and she'll be paying for it for years to come. But you know what she said? She said she's happy about it, because her education is something no one can take away from her. I think the same can be said of my writing or any skill set. My writing is something that is mine, I do it for me, and no one can take that away. Even if we have a "Revolution" circumstance, I'm talking world-wide black-out where power and technology completely disappear, no warning, I would still write. Oh sure, I'd be ticked I never printed off my stories, but there is an easy solution to that: paper and pencil. I guess my point is that even if your favorite hobby, whether it's dancing or singing or carpentry or, I don't know... taxidermy, if it makes you happy then just do it for you. And if God plans on using your voice, birdhouse, or stuffed weasel to influence someone or even to show you one facet of why you're special in His eyes, He'll do it.
Have a great week, everyone. Hope you all do something to make yourselves happy. Night.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment