Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Not My Ruler

So I was drawing armor for a character yesterday to get a sense of what she felt going into battle, intending to draw her after the battle as well. Well I drew in her face today, or meant to, but then I looked at it, and realized I had drawn a Chinese warrior instead of a ruthless Anglo-Irish ruler. Go figure. You know how long I've been trying to figure out how to draw an Asian person? It ain't as easy as it looks. You can't just make almond-shaped eyes and be done with it. At least for me, I have to be unconscious of the fact that this will become a Chinese person versus who I actually want to draw. Oh, subconscious. You clever fiend, you!
If I can get to my printer, maybe I'll put the picture on here. Maybe.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment