Monday, October 14, 2013

"Origin" Review

They have Katy. After all the planning, the training, the trust they'd extended, Daemon should have seen this coming. And maybe he had... in his nightmares. But now those nightmares were a reality. They had Katy. He would get her back even if he had to burn down the world to do it. They would pay for their actions.
In the latest installment of the Lux series, Daemon fights tooth and nail any being who stands between him and Katy. For want of not revealing spoilers, all I can say is that this book was full of surprises and it kept me at the edge of my seat while retaining the essences of Katy and Daemon I have grown so fond of. One of my favorite new characters was Archer. He was the kind of person I could picture talking about with my brothers and them saying, "Yeah, Archer's awesome." High standard, that. Miss Armentrout weaves a brilliant story combining lots of action, suspense, and romance in addition to making Daemon's perspective a regular contributor. This hinders it none. If anything, changing between Daemon and Katy's points of view propels the story into new and exciting territory. I would give this story a rating of PG-16. In "star rating" language? Five. Definitely five stars. My only complaint is, why can't the next book be out sooner? But I'd rather Jennifer Armentrout take her time with the quality of the story than be rushed into finishing something that felt incomplete. Well done, Armentrout. Well done, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment