Monday, October 14, 2013

"Opal" Review

Tensions arise and friendships are tested in the thrilling third installment of the Lux series.
Apparently the impossible is possible: good is evil, aliens exist... and Dawson is alive. But despite being just reunited with his family after a year of captivity, Dawson is determined to go back and rescue the only other person he cares about: Bethany. Nothing will stop him, though perhaps they can delay him. But in order to do so, they must team up with an old enemy, and in this game of shadows, nothing is as it seems. Can the Luxen and Katy break Bethany out? And will she be the same person as she was before?
This book had me so drawn in that I literally sacrificed certain necessities like sleep and... well, mostly sleep. I read snippets wherever I could get them, while my nieces watched "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That," in between classes, at two o'clock in the morning.... Something that captivated me was seeing Dawson in the aftermath of all things Department of Defense-related and comparing it with the images we received from his siblings of what he was like before he disappeared. The change was almost confounding. But I also enjoyed his friendship with Katy. Somehow, it made sense. Jennifer Armentrout keeps you captivated until the very last page. Thankfully the fourth book is available. As far as ratings go, I would put this at PG-16, but that's only n the assumption that if I'd read this when I was fifteen, I would have thought it was too adult for me. Thoroughly enjoyable, nonetheless, and I look forward to more from Miss Armentrout.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment