Monday, October 21, 2013

Sand Pits and Rabbit Holes

My mind and body feel as if they've fallen into a pit of sand. I move slowly, the sand oppressing every undertaking, and still it's almost as if I have made no progress at all. My eyes hurt from staring at my computer (and really, one should never stare at his or her computer) and right now my curser is blinking because I left my computer on during the night. School follows the sunrise, but not before coffee, thank goodness. I wonder if it will be an easy day tomorrow? I enjoyed the reading for school. We moved on from poetry to fantasy, and we had to read excerpts from "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass". How curious that Lewis Carroll was able to write two entire books out of unpredictable events. I got dizzy reading of Alice's constant change from too tall to too small, and still she left the key on the glass table. Nevertheless, it does not solve my sand-pit predicament. Why does my mind move so sluggishly when the urgency of every next activity is palpable? I don't know. It's like I've been stuck in the "real world" for far too long, and am in great need of some fantastical liberation. Where is a rabbit hole when you need one?
Gotta go. Almost midnight. Good night.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment