Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful for Saturday

Have you seen people today? Geez! They run in twos, threes, and small packs of one hundred, drifting from one store to the next like a swarm of bees.
Christmas shopping the Saturday before Thanksgiving... what was I thinking?
By the time my mom and I actually started home, the parking lot was beginning to look glassy and the snow began to lay. Do you want to know what I'm thankful for today? I'm thankful for my mom. If it were me driving, I most certainly would have crashed the car, but Mom has this unshakeable calm that I envy constantly. Maybe it's that she knows how to maneuver snowy roads better than I do, but in everything else she remains a serene presence, a rock for my family. With words of wisdom she guides me, and with a kind and supportive hand she teaches me. I'm so glad to have my mom.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment