Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful For Speed Round + Character Embodiment

Yes, I know it's Friday and I missed, like, a week's worth of "Thankful For"s, but since my blog does not revolve around memes, I'm gonna do a "Thankful Fir" Speed Round, where I list something I'm grateful for to stand for each day I missed. Ready? Here we go.
Monday: Sleep. Good Lord, was I ever thankful for sleep.
Tuesday: Lebanese food. I had a leftover spicy salmon wrap from a Lebanese restaurant and it was sooooooooooo good!
Wednesday: Honestly I was feeling kind of depressed on Wednesday because Thanksgiving vacation was half over, but I was happy to get some reading in.
Thursday: Pie. Turkey. The crunchy part of the stuffing. Ice cream. Ice cream on pie. Oh yeah. :-)
Friday: Well I'm glad I'm finally getting some writing done. Let me tell you, writer's block sucks ROCKS. But I'm better now. And what's even more exciting is that I found an actor who could play one of my characters to flawless perfection.
Ladies and gents, may I present to you William Moseley as Shenninias "Stag" O'Ruadhain (pronounced O'Rowan).

For those of you who have been living under a rock, William Moseley played Peter Pevensie in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and its sequel, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian."

A little background on this "Stag" person... Stag is obviously a nickname. I tried to change it, but nothing else fit. Anyway, Stag and his twin sister Regina were separated from the rest of their family at the age of six, and placed into the care of an innkeeper and his wife. Fifteen years later, Regina is kidnapped, and Stag must team up with a less-than-trustworthy ally in order to get her back. I believe William is a great pick for this character because, as is evident in "The Chronicles of Narnia," he portrays such a wonderfully protective older brother. You can see it in his posture, his eyes. (In real life, he actually is the eldest of three children. As much as I hate to type-cast him, I'm just saying that he would make a great Stag.)
Well, with that all out in the open, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Keep warm and, you know, carry on and all that.

-Grace

Photos courtesy of imdb.com and gameofkings.wikidot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment