Saturday, November 28, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 2


Well, I've made it two days while on this writing challenge. I should keep a record.
The second challenge of the 30 Day Writing Challenge is to write about something someone told you about yourself that you haven't forgotten.
When we were younger, my brother and I would always fight. Constantly. It was a like a game to see how long we could annoy each other, who could annoy the other more, who could blame more things on the other person. At one point I remember sitting down at the dining room table, waiting for my mom to come sit down so we could start eating. Now, from my child-like perspective, I feel like I might have been six-years-old, but I could have been anywhere from five to eight for all I know. Anyway, my brother and I were engaged in one of our usual spats and he had the nerve to say, to my face, "You're stubborn." I got sooooo mad that I ranted and wanted to throw my spoon at him. But when I told my dad, he just smiled and said, "Well, you are."

At the time I thought "stubborn" meant something bad and that it somehow made me a bully or evil or something. But as I grew up and got a little more insight into stubbornness, I began to embrace that part of myself. My mom said that it was certainly reflected in my fashion choices. According to her, to this day I will wear things just to see if somebody will say something. I tend to disagree. Black is perfectly acceptable color, and stripes match with other stripes. Moving on...
So that's my shtick for today. The thing I remember most that someone told me about myself is that I'm stubborn. And I am. Still.
Tune in tomorrow for the third segment in this 30 Day Writing Challenge: My Top 3 Pet Peeves.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment