Thursday, July 12, 2012

"The Amazing Spider-Man"

So does The Amazing Spider-Man live up to the hype? Yes, it most certainly does. I saw the movie with my parents, having no idea that my dad was an apparent Spider-Man-junkie. I loved this new story, with characters I had only heard about, like The Lizard. Mr. Andrew Garfield did a fantastic job in capturing the haunted nature of Peter Parker after the death of his uncle. (Crap! I didn't mean to spoil that!) He actually reminded me a lot of my one brother. Him and this Peter Parker shared a lot of similarities, both physical and otherwise. Brooding, hoodies, kind of a recluse. Honestly it was refreshing. Peter was a wonderfully fleshed-out character, and Emma Stone portrayed Gwen Stacy beautifully. The family dynamics were intriguing to watch, as well as the relationship between Peter and Gwen. I also loved all the effects. To my surprise, it didn't at all distract me from the plot, take center-stage, but in fact added to the fascinating, scientific world which Peter has thrown himself into. Though I hardly see a movie which I don't end up liking for one reason or another, I would most certainly suggest this one to fans of the series, as well as those who fell in love with the first three movies. That, and I simply refuse to reveal any spoilers or other such details, so get off your computer and head to the theater!

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment