Monday, December 24, 2012

Finishing Up

I've been taking a break from my Woman in Scarlet series, just trying to get out of that world, get a new perspective. Of course, my idea of getting a "new perspective" is moving on to a different story. So I've been focusing on this one set in Spain. I'm not saying what it is about, because I think I give far too many spoilers on this blog. But suffice to say it is not about genies. So now I have to get back to the Woman in Scarlet because she's a bit needy, but I sent my semi-plan to Trestle Press this morning about when things will be released (hopefully) and what my plan is for the rest of 2013. I gave myself a deadline, basically. The last three installments of the Woman in Scarlet will be released I believe one month apart, the next one being in January and so on. I'm excited about it, though. For one thing I can finally get some closure about the Scarlet Lady. For another, I can move on. Don't get me wrong, I love writing and this has been a particularly fulfilling and difficult challenge, but a couple of days ago I was just thinking, Man, I can't wait to finish this. The experience is long and involved, not that I'm complaining. I enjoy the work. Still. I want to give this woman some peace.
At any rate, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I look forward to writing to you again.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment