Tuesday, December 8, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Blessings

I noticed that these writing challenges tend to make me rant a bit. Thankfully, today's topic is to write about a blessing in your life. With certain events coming up, I think it wholly appropriate that this post be devoted to my mom.
I can't describe my mom in one word because she is so amazing and she impacts my life in so many ways. Since my sister got married, she's been one of my main confidantes. I'll find myself doing something like preparing a chicken for dinner or fixing a tear in my clothes and think, "I remember when Mom taught me this." Although she has a gentle spirit and very compassionate demeanor, my mom is one of the strongest women I know. You can never tell if she's troubled by something because she's so busy pouring love out on other people. And it wouldn't occur to you that that was out of the ordinary because that's how she's always been.
She's had to endure some pretty intense trials and still God has brought her through, made her a strong rot in our family, someone we can just lean on.
So today I'd like to say that one of the greatest blessings in my life would be my mom.
I love you, Mom. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment