Tuesday, December 29, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Three Lessons for My Future Children

As depicted in the title, today's challenge is to describe the three main lessons I would like my future children to learn.
I suppose the first would be something I strongly believe, and that is that your word is everything. Giving someone your word, making a promise is no small thing. You don't just keep your word when it's convenient. If you are unreliable in that, then how can people trust or depend on you?
The next one is more important than the first one, I'm just not thinking these things ahead of time. Everything you do is for God. Devote yourself to Him and you will be blessed. You will see His workings in the everyday things, and when you do see them it's like you're seeing past a glittering mirror into something completely new.
Third would probably be to value family. My family and I are very close, and I wouldn't want my children to miss that. I would want them to be spoiled by their aunts and uncles and grandparents. Just please call ahead before you bring over the massive Barbie Dream House.
What are some lessons you've found invaluable in teaching your kids?

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment